Dr. Priti Panchal
B/703, God’s Gift, Near Adarsh Dugdhalya, Marve Road, Malad, Mumbai 400064, INDIA
Tel (R): 022-28011559 (M): 9821013203
Professional Experience in Internal Medicine
Area Of Interest: Management of diabetic and thyroid patients.
Management of infectious disease
June 1985 : SSC from the Maharashtra State Board of Education.
June 1987 : HSC from the Maharashtra State Board of Education.
March 1993 : MBBS from T.N.M.C.& B.Y.L. NAIR Hospital -Mumbai University.
Feb 93- Jan 94:1 year compulsory internship training at Nair Hospital
October1997 :M.D (Internal Medicine) from T.N.M.C.& B.Y.L. Nair Hospital (Mumbai University)
POST M.D. QUALIFICATIONS
• ICCU Registrar in ‘SIR H.N. HOSPITAL’ for the period 7/2/1997 to 3/7/1997 (4 months 26 days)
• Administrative Medical Officer in T.N.M.C.& B.Y.L. Nair Hospital (1yr 7month 26 days)
o 23/11/1997 to 23/2/1998 (3months)
o 25/3/1998 to 20/8/1999 (1year 4months 26 days)
• Lecturer in T.N.M.C.& B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital (5yrs 5months 19days)
o 21/8/1999 to 27/7/2000: Adhoc Lecturer (11month 6 days)
o 29/7/2000 to 11/2/2005: Permanent Lecturer (4yrs 6months 13 days)
▪ LECTURER IN NEPHROLOGY: 1 YEAR
▪ LECTURER IN INTERNAL MEDICINE till 11/2/2005
Practiced as consultant at various nursing home from 2005 to May 2012
• Associate Professor in Department of Medicine at ESI-PGIMSR ANDHERI from 16th May
• 2012 to 28 th February 2015.
• Currently practicing consultant at various hospital
1) As a Casualty Medical Officer: managed all the casualty emergencies, court cases etc.
2) As a Nephrology Lecturer in Nair Hospital: managed patients on Dialysis, insertion of lines of
dialysis pt. Kidney biopsy, indoor & outdoor management of all renal pts.
3) As a Lecturer In Internal Medicine at Nair Hospital:.
• Taught MBBS, post graduate, dental, O.T. /P.T. students.
• Co-examiner for dental student and university examiner for MBBS students.
• Counseling, symptomatic management of HIV &AIDS patients. Record keeping of all patients
admitted in the hospital, that is HIV positive as per MDAC’S requirement.
• Managing the HCW’S who get exposed to HIV positive patients which included counseling,
precautions to be taken, preventions & post exposure prophylaxis treatment.
• Managed asthma OPD and HIV& AIDS OPD as speciality OPD along with routine medical OPD.
• Worked as MICU lecturer on rotational basis
4) As Associate Professor
• Looked after insured patients in OPD, indoor & MICU along with diabetic specialty OPD
• Worked as administrative in charge of dept. of medicine & MICU.
• Managed the duty roaster for the resident of medicine dept.
• As an expert member, conducted interview for the post of junior resident, senior resident and
specialist post at our hospital and other ESIS hospital
• As a Guest lecturer for the company’s insured staff regarding the prevention of cardiac
• Active participant in integrated teaching programme in ESIPGIMSR institute.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF MERITS & / OR APPRECIATION
1. 6th National Conference of ‘H.T.’ July-2, Nov 1997
2. Medical Education Teaching Technology Workshop Part I & II at T.N.M.C. In 2000.
3. CME Update in Infectious Disease at P.D. Hinduja Hospital-2001.
4. 9th Annual Conference of Maharashtra chapter API 2001 (MAPICON).
5. Workshop on Mechanical Ventilation & Critical Care at 16th Asia Pacific Congress on Disease of
Chest 23 Nov. 2001.
6. 16th Asia Pacific Congress on Disease of Chest mumbai lest Mumbai: – 30th November – 2 December
7. 1st Annual Asian American International Medical Conference : Jan 3-5, 2003, Goa,
8. World Aids Day Scientific Programme in Aids Awareness – 2003.
9. 1st National Conference HIV-Hepatitis Co-Infection at Mumbai 2003.
10. XIII Training Workshop on Planning, Preparedness & Response to Radiation Emergencies for
Medical Officers 22-25 April 2003.
11. American College of Chest Physicians Western India chapter 19-21 Dec, 2003 Lonavala.
12. 10th Annual Conference of India Society of Critical Care Medicine – 2004.
13. National Conference on Management of HIV/AIDS in Resource Restricted Settings 20-22 Feb, ’04.
14. 60th Annual Conference of The Association of Physician of India APICON-2005
15. International Critical Care Congress & 12 th Annual Conference Of The Indian Society of
Critical Care Medicine-2006
16. International Critical Care Congress & 12 th Annual Conference Of The Indian Society of
Critical Care Medicine :Workshop on Basic & Advanced Life Support -2006
17. Cardio Vascular Society of India –Heart Failure Summit -2011
18. 16th Scientific Conference of Environmental Medical Association NESCON -2011
19. 16th Scientific Conference of Environmental Medical Association: Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Workshop NESCON -2011
20. 11th International Symposium On Diabetes -2012
21. 18th National Conference of Environmental and Pulmonary Diseases NESCON -2012
22. United Diabetes Forum by Indian Medical Association Mumbai West -2012
23. International Conference on Coronary Artery Disease and Diabetes 2012
24. 6th National Update In Respiratory Medicine Hinduja Hospital -2012
25. International Symposium on choosing the best antihypertensive Combination to Prevent CV risk:
The Cardiologist choice- 2013
26. 12th International Symposium On Diabetes -2013
PUBLICATION & PRESENTATION
1) Tuberous Sclerosis’ Japi-995.
2) Recurrent bilateral spontaneous pneumothorax ‘Japi, 1995 Vol.43 No. 5, 369.
3) ‘Acute Motor Axonal Neuropathy (AMAN)’ a variant of GBS2 case report I.P. Vol.53 No.5 May
4) Study of Autonomic Dysfunction in B.A.; Japi Vol. 49 Jan 2001.
5) Severe acute renal failure in Malaria journal of post graduate medicine Vol.47, Isssue-1 and
6) ‘Effects of oral Steroids given along & in combination with Inhaled Steroid Chest India:
Vol.2 No.5 Nov.2001.
7) Role of Steroids in Bronchial Asthma (B.A.) potentiating effect of B2 Agonist MAPICON 2002.
8) A comparison of three modes of Delivery of Steroids in Asthma. MAPICON 2002.
9) Multiple Myeloma manifested as problem in diagnosis of Pulmonary Disease I.P. Sept 2002
Vol.53 No. 9.
10) Splenic Tuberculosis In uncommon Clinical Entity, I.P. Vol.56 No. 1 Jan 2003, 51.
11) An unusual presentation of Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (AIDP) I.P. Jan
2003 Vol. 56 No.1, 55.
12) Deep Venous Thrombosis with large B cell Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: a rare clinical entity I.P.
Jan 2004 Vol.57 No.1, 47.
13) Spinal Tuberculosis: an unusual presentation as Mediastinal Mass I.P. April 2003 Vol.56 No.4,
14) Slow & silent killer at 40 Autosomal dominant Polycystic Kidney diseases.
15) 60th Annual Conference of The Association of Physician of India APICON-2005 Poster paper
Presentation titled Frontal Lobe Involvement :A Study of 21 cases
16) Myoedema: A presenting symptom of Hypothyroid Myopathy: ijpsi.org Volume 2 Issue 10, October
17) Currently working on 2 research papers
a. Retrospective analysis of Malaria & its complication in a tertiary care centre.
b. Retrospective analysis of Dengue & its complication in a tertiary care centre.